Sunday, October 13, 2013

POEM: Tu, La Aventura (You, The Adventure)

You are the journey I have longed to take.
The white water in me that aches
For wilder paths.

You are the canyon I would rappel if I could,
The dwelling place of all dreaming -
Something I never believed possible.

You are the adventure story
I want so eagerly to read at night,
When my leaden eyes close against my will.

You are a tale told in volcanic rock
Beneath our boots as flecks of shale.

You are the wild rabbit’s rush to the warrens of Fall,
Leading me, leading me, into the yawning dusk
Whose gilded fingers I desperately want twined into mine.

We are deep caves, the two of us. Let’s be spelunked,
Kneeling in the dark, with our dayglow clothing
And our moon breath to guide us.

Let’s wander then, to become trumpet vines
Showing off to each other our decadent flowers
On mornings, before each new gift of light.  

Let’s be stakeless tomatoes to northerly winds.
Kingly gourds with a sprawling demeanor.
Kin to the unlatched door

Lost forever in being found anew.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home