Friday, December 12, 2008

POEM: Love Meditation

Let it go
The blame and the praise
The details of your vacation,
Your day at work –
Both the fear and the certainty too.
Let it go
Let go how jaded you have become of love, of others, of yourself.
Let it pass, noticed but never taken up,
Let go
The knowledge that we are wise, and even all the good we do,
Let go the guilt that comes from all the wrong doing –
Let it slip away as soundless as dusk at morning.

For this is all that matters in the small of your heart:
The subjective action of “I love” is the breath I take in
And the concrete object of “you” – is my glorious, warm, breath out.

1 Comments:

Blogger One Dad said...

Michael:
I finally found my way to your blog and this one just opened a big wide space in my chest.
Thank you for your wisdom. I'm looking forward to lots of return visits.
Love,

tom

12/29/2008 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home